Here are some of my favorite NYC thrills:
– Lower East Side Tenement Museum [eat at Dudley’s before – it’s right across the street]
– The Frick Collection
– See a movie at the Angelika theater or City Cinemas Village East. They often show indie films or cool documentaries.
– Running Route – West Side Highway, Central Park
– Mani/Pedi at any price point:
– cheap: Sally Spa on 25th and 3rd; efficient and clean
– expensive: Jin Soon, 3 locations in city
– fun luxury: Valley NYC, Soho; amazing gel manicures, glitter detail, and custom design
– Dry Bar – $40 for the best blow out you will ever receive
– Wander on Bleecker Street in the West Village to shop in Carrie Bradshaw’s neighborhood. Be sure to check out the Coach Legacy Boutique!
– Shop til you drop at Bloomingdale’s on 59th and Lex, refuel at their 7th floor restaurant, 40 Carrots, and feed your sweet tooth right after at Dylan’s Candy Bar (3rd and 60th)
– Think ICED coffee
– Need a cheap eat? Head to Dojo on Mercer and West 4th. I order the same thing every time: steamed vegetables over brown rice with cheddar cheese and “the sauce” (carrot-ginger). It is under $10 and never fails!
– fro yo: Champion = 40 Carrots at Bloomingdales; Runner-Up = 16 Handles
– Billy’s Bakery on 19th and 9th – get the banana cake!
– Magnolia banana pudding
– Just Salad or Chop’t for a quick, lunch salad
– Juice Press for bottled, cold-press juices
– Juice Generation for fresh juice or smoothies (try the PB split after a long run!)