In no particular order or organization, here are things I’d want the big man up North to bring me…if I were me and you were me, too…
Why? Nothing is better than having someone blow dry your hair for you. And making it look good, too…and Dry Bar always delivers.
1a. DRY BAR GIFT CERTIFICATE ($40 + tip)
1b. WET HAIR BRUSH AND DRY SHAMPOO
Why? The wet hair brush actually works and won’t rip out your hair. And dry shampoo is how I go just one more day without a shower (shhh).
2a. DRY BAR BAR TAB (varying prices)
2b. DRY BAR BLOWDRYER ($190)
Yeah, so it’s pricy but it does dry your hair quickly.
1. PICKY BARS 10 BOX ($22.99)
2. PICKY BARS PICKY CLUB MEMBERSHIP ($37/month x #of months you give)
Why? Because this is the gift that will keep on giving! Each month, your recipient will get 18 bars delivered to their door and they’ll remember, “Man, ____ is really an awesome person.”
3. PICKY BAR SWEATSHIRT ($48)
This should be reserved for the Picky addict in your life (raises hand) to enhance their #pickylife.
1. RUNFINITY SCARF ($24)
Why? Scarf is functional, soft, and goes with just about everything. I wore mine (ok, I have two) every day last winter.
2. STRIPEY LONG SLEEVE SCOOP NECK ($44)
Why? Another fan favorite. This one is even Mom (my mom, that is) approved. Perfect for travel and for running around the city — its fashionable and holds up for any workout to boot.
3. LUX LAYER ($76)
Why? This is my favorite weight long sleeve tee that Oiselle sells. The fabric is like butter and the weight is perfect alone for those first cold days of the year and a great layering piece.
4. LUX LAYER ($76) + DISTANCE SHORTS ($39)
This gift says: I really care about your running.
Distance shorts in action!
1. PAVE POP STUDS ($26)
I’d go with the turquoise ones but that’s just me.
2. ACRYLIC SCRIPT MONOGRAM NECKLACE ($58)
A twist on a classic.
3. CLASSIC SCRIPT MONOGRAM NECKLACE ($100)
Why? Because Blair on Atlantic-Pacific has one and she always looks well put together.
1. SOUL CYCLE CLASS ($34)
2. SOUL CYCLE 5 CLASS PACK ($165)
3. SOUL CYCLE 5 CLASS PACK + GRAPEFRUIT CANDLE (!!!) ($165+$42)
4. SOUL CYCLE ATHLETE HOODIE ($125) (I think I just like this because it says athlete on it.)
You have absolutely no idea how happy a grapefruit candle can make someone until you give a SoulCycle addict a grapefruit candle. I only burn mine on times when I really need that grapefruit scent. And I searched high and low last year for comparable grapefruit scents to the Jonathan Adler one (the one SC uses) and the Nest version is close if you need a back up candle choice. [I did my grapefruit candle research.]
PICK TWO to FOUR (DEPENDING ON SANTA’S BUDGET) AMONGST THE FOLLOWING THINGS AND BOOM! WELL THOUGHT OUT GIFT (IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF)
– NUUN TUBE ($6.50) OR 4 PACK ($22) – OISELLE DUDS (price will vary)
– PICKY BARS SAMPLER PACK ($12.50) – BELIEVE I AM TRAINING JOURNAL ($19.99)
– ERICA SARA BLING (price will vary) – SPARKLY HEAD BAND ($15)
NYC FITNESS FANATIC:
1. FITIST GIFT CERTIFICATE (varying prices)
2. JUICE PRESS GIFT CERTIFICATE (varying prices)
Odds are if the person lives in NYC and is into fitness, they’re probably also into juices right now. Correlation, not causation.
1. ALL THE GOOD COOKIES COOKBOOK (benefitting Cookies For Kids’ Cancer)
2. EVERY MOTHER COUNTS GEAR FROM OISELLE (benefitting Every Mother Counts)
GYMNASTICS GURU OR TRACK ADDICT
1. ACCOUNT FOR GYMNASTIKE GOLD OR FLOTRACK PRO ($150.00/YEAR or $20/MONTH)
I watch more Gymnastike Gold videos (particularly “Beyond the Routine” series than I care to admit. I don’t have Flotrack Pro, but imagine it’s just as good. Both generally have great interviews and profiles on athletes and Gymnastike has done a stellar job with their docu-series.
FOR YOUR FAVORITE INTERN/RESIDENT:
STARBUCKS CARD (varying) + SPECK PHONE CASE/CARD HOLDER ($35) + SPARKLY LANYARD FOR ID (varying)
I have yet to land a blinged out lanyard for my ID. I mean, my cotton NYU one is holding up ok and I’ve added some pizazz to the scrubs with handbands, but we can always keep improving.
FINAL MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS OF VARYING PRICES:
1. BEADED HEADBAND FROM ANTRHO (~$20-30 dollars)
Why? They’re pretty and can dress up boring outfits…like scrubs.
2. MAY BOOKS PERSONALIZED NOTEBOOK
For your favorite paper prince or princess.
3. KILLING LINCOLN BY BILL O’REILLY AND MARTIN DUGARD ($19.59 on Amazon)
Its a good read for your favorite history buff.
4. GRAIN BRAIN BY DAVID PERLMUTTER, MD ($15.16 on Amazon)
This might be a great addition to a gift for your fitness addict friend whose into juicing who probably also eats semi-gluten free or thinks gluten might be killing us (raises hand here…but still eating gluten).
5. BRACELET FROM KIEL JAMES PATRICK
For your favorite preppy friend who you think may need to branch out from Vineyard Vines and Sperry’s.
Happy Thanksgiving…Happy Holidays!
TELL ME: YOUR HOLIDAY WISH LIST?
[PS: Winner of 10 box of Picky Bars announced Sunday – you still have time to enter!]